What is the most effective way to stop smoking?
It’s NEVER too late to quit!
Stopping smoking at any age will increase your life expectancy. Quitting smoking is healthier for you and your family. Stopping smoking is possible – there are over 11 million ex-smokers in the UK.
- It’s the single most powerful way of improving your health and living longer.
- You will save money – around £250 a month for a typical 20 a day smoker.
- You will improve your breathing and general fitness.
- You will no longer smell of stale tobacco and your skin and teeth will look better.
WHY IS IT IMPORTANT?
Every cigarette you smoke is harmful.
Smoking is the biggest cause of preventable deaths in England, accounting for more than 80,000 deaths each year.
- One in two smokers will die from a smoking-related disease.
- Smoking doubles your risk of having a heart attack or dying from a stroke or coronary artery disease.
- Smoking causes 84% of deaths from lung cancer and 83% of deaths from chronic obstructive lung disease, including bronchitis.
- Smoking causes more than 93% of mouth and throat cancers and increases the risk of stomach and kidney cancer.
The more support you get the more likely you are to be successful at quitting.
Further information on stop smoking and stop smoking treatment is also available at www.nhs.uk, plus information about stop smoking in pregnancy and advice to help you stop smoking without putting on weight.
We have a comprehensive support service to help you give up smoking.
We can supply you with a range of Nicotine Replacement Therapy (Nicotine Patches, Nicotine Chewing Gum, Nicotine Nasal Spray, Nicotine Lozenges, Nicotine Inhalator) or Champix.
Our trained smoking cessation advisors will be able to advise and guide you through the process.